Welcome to the home page of Centre for Radiobiology and Biological Dosimetry,
Institute of Nuclear Chemistry and Technology, Warsaw, Poland
Our main scientific topics are cellular radiobiology, biological dosimetry, oxidative stress and nanotoxicology.
We use cellular biology, molecular biology and biochemical methods for in vitro or ex vivo experiments. Our recent scientific interests are:
- finding new criteria for biological dosimetry;
- determination of biological effects of reactive oxygen and nitrogen species;
- finding new radiopharmaceuticals;
- determination of toxicity of metal, non-metal and oxide nanoparticles in mammalian cells;
- analysis of cellular and molecular mechanisms of radiation-induced DNA damage and repair;
- understanding the relationship between lipid raft function, EGFR (epidermal growth factor receptor) and DNA double strand break repair.